Prostate cancer is common these days. But thanks to advanced medical treatments. It has introduced an option for prostate cancer removal for people at the later stages of prostate cancer. Keep reading the article to know more about this.
What Is Prostate Gland Cancer?
The prostate gland is found in the male’s body. It is a walnut-sized gland that is located between the penis and the bladder. It provides a way to flow urine. This gland secretes fluid that helps in the nourishment of sperms and transports it. Prostate cancer is a common type of cancer found in males. It can be treated under the guidance of a professional medical expert. It needs proper care and treatment in the early stages.
Symptoms Of Prostate Cancer?
Here are a few symptoms found in a person while they are prone to suffering from prostate cancer. These signs can be seen at the early stages.
- The decrease in the force of urination
- Increased in Frequency and urgency of urination
- Nocturia is an urge to urinate more frequently during the night time, which causes major disturbance in sleep.
- Sometimes, a person loses weight as a symptom.
- Any bumps, hard or soft spots near or on the rectum
- Pain in the bones is one of the rare symptoms.
- Erectile dysfunction can be there.
- Difficulty while starting or stopping the urination as the muscles get weak
- Blood flow in the seminal fluid or urine can be harmful to the body.
- A person may feel pain or a burning sensation at the time of urination, but it can be treatable by robotic prostate removal surgery.
- Compressed urethra that causes hesitation while urinating.
How Can It Be Treated?
When a person gets any of these symptoms, they should immediately refer to the doctor. If cancer is found at the early stage, then the treatment can be more beneficial than the later stages. As more the complication, the more painful it will get. So, a person must take this problem seriously and must visit a specialist for treatment.
There are different stages of prostate cancer, and each stage gets treated differently. Following are the few treatments which can be considered while a person suffers from this health issue.
- Various types of surgery which also includes robotic prostate removal surgery
- Radiation (high-energy beams)
- Hormone therapy such as androgen deprivation therapy
- High-intensity focused ultrasound
- Prostate cancer vaccine
What Is Robotic Prostate Removal Surgery?
It is often done when a male has prostate cancer. The robotic prostate removal surgery is commonly known as Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy (RALP) surgery. It is a special type of surgery done in the later stages when a person highly has prostate cancer. It is an advanced type of surgery that helps the surgeon to have improved control, vision, and precise movements while treating this type of cancer.
In this surgery, a doctor sits at a distance from the patient while the machine performs the task as guided by the doctor’s instructions. After this surgery, the recovery is much faster as compared to the traditional laparoscopic surgical method. There are fewer risks of complications when prostate cancer gets treated in this manner. Also, a person feels less pain during RALP surgery.
A person can go home right after 24 hours of the surgery. But, it takes around 14 to 21 days to recover. Therefore, robotic prostate removal surgery is a better option if a person is at later stages of prostate cancer as this type of surgery has a speedy recovery. Also, it is easier for the surgeons as compared to traditional ones.