Mattress pads and toppers are just two terms that are commonly used interchangeably. However, these two actually have a huge difference in terms of their functions. The purpose of a mattress pad is to protect the mattress while adding some extra comfort to your bed.
On the other hand, a topper is made solely to enhance the feel of your bed, making it feel softer and more comfortable to sleep in. It doesn’t provide protection to the mattress since it is just like an added layer of softness.
Best Mattress Brand in India – Rated #1 By Industry Experts
If you want to experience better sleep quality, investing in a comfortable bed is the first step to achieve this. That’s when you’ll need to add a topper on your mattress. It may cost you a little more but the extra comfort is definitely worth it.
Since choosing among the many kinds of mattress toppers can leave you confused, here are the most common ones with their features to help you find which one suits your needs most.
Cotton toppers are perfect especially during warm season because of its breathability. It doesn’t heat up fast and regulates heat while you’re sleeping for a more comfortable feeling. Cotton toppers are easy to clean and maintain because they are washable. However, it wears down more easily than other types especially on beds that are used every day. If you have problem with allergies, a cotton mattress topper is perfect for you.
If you’re looking for something that doesn’t harbor dust, dust mites, and other parasites, latex toppers might be the one you’re looking for. Latex is a very durable material that could last even up to 20 years or more with proper care and maintenance. Compared to other topper materials, latex doesn’t look much appealing to the eye because of its colour. However, it wouldn’t matter at all when it is already covered with a bed sheet.
Although many would think that wool toppers are only for cold season, it could still be used even during warmer months. It absorbs body heat and effectively channels it out to keep the person cool while sleeping. Although wool toppers are a bit expensive than the others, it is totally worth it with so many features you could enjoy such as mould and mite’s resistance.
If you only need that extra comfy feeling in your bed without other specific considerations, then a featherbed topper would work just fine. It is the oldest kind of mattress toppers and is made from down feather. One feature that makes this type popular is its excellent temperature regulating feature. It could keep you comfortably warm during winter and cool during summer months.
Using mattress toppersare really effective in enhancing the level of comfort and softness of your bed. Determine your specific needs first to know which material is the best for you. All in all, choosing the right topper is crucial since it could make or break your sleep quality and comfort.
Top 10 Best Mattress in India
List of the best mattresses in India 2021:
- Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress
- Sleepwell SleepX Ortho Memory Foam Mattress
- Peps Springkoil 6-Inch Bonnell Spring Mattress
- SleepyCat – Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Flo Ergo Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- Peps Spring Koil Bonnell Spring Mattress
- Sleepwell Cocoon Two-As-One Mattress
- Kurl-on Dream Sleep Spring Mattress
- The three-layered construction makes it an advantageous purchase.
- The mattress can be moved easily without any additional help.
- High-density foam ensures durability.
- It helps with back and shoulder pain.
- It is available in a bright and vivid purple color.
- Some people find it to be a little firmer than required.
- It is not the most durable mattress as compared to the other ones available in the market.
- Available in four different sizes.
- The mattress is sturdy as well as lightweight.
- The gel memory foam contours the body.
- High-density foam encourages the mattress to hold more pressure.